Sunday, September 4, 2011

10th Annual Rock and Roll Half Marathon Virginia Beach

Today was the 10th Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach.  I ran the first one and several others since, but unfortunately today I was a spectator.  This race will always be special because it was my first distance race, but the "draw" has faded for this old timer.  Two main reasons really - first the course seems so limited especially for what Virginia Beach can offer in terms of routes and scenery.  I love the bands and live music, but running a good chunk on one road and a military base is "BORING"!!  That plus the price of this race is absolutely insane at around $9 dollars a mile.  Those two items were really turn-offs for me.  I'd would much rather run the Williamsburg Half for 1/3 of the price.

Regardless I will always support the local runners that use this as the springboard to longer distances and events!  Rock ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment