Tuesday, April 20, 2010

North Landing Beach Campground, Virginia Beach, VA

Went and did our first family camping trip ever two weeks ago.  My wife and I have camped for many years together, but we have our son now so we took him on an adventure outdoors for the night.  Surprisingly he did very well under the circumstances and I believe we're already planning our next outing.

Friday night was a little crazy.  The "men" went out in advance and set up camp.  The women and children came out on Saturday.  Seemed like a lot of "Spring Breakers" were having a good old time on Friday night.  Heard a few people puking after too much partying and saw the cops pull a man off the property for fighting with his girlfriend.  Just enough to keep me up most of the night.  I wasn't happy, but I can deal with it.

Saturday night was much different.  Seemed like the families showed up and it was pretty quite.  Had a good Easter AM with a egg hut and all the fun  you'd expect.  Overall it was ok.  Not sure if we're going to make it back to the same campground, but was a good place to test out a two year old's desire to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment