Friday, June 17, 2011

Back from Vacation

I took a little vacation to see the extended family up in Cleveland Ohio.  I haven't really been home in about 15 years so it was good to catch up with everybody.  While home I ran a total of ZERO MILES and ate about FOUR WEEKS worth of food in my six days.  So I need to get back on it ASAP!

It looks like I may get a few days on the AT later next month so I did a few productive things in terms of preparing.  I ordered the Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer (Black) and got my survival tin in order. The fatty may be my FAK or tool compartment.  Depends on how items I have fit.

I had a chance to stop at REI, Gander Mountain and Dick Sports (all within a few days of one another) so I threw some $$$ their way as usual.

I picked up the following:

A few other items came in the mail too:
I'm expecting the "fatty" to arrive tomorrow so I'll post up what I'm using it for.  My tin is about done and I'll post that too.  

Lastly I'm at a dilemma for what to ask for for Fathers Day.  The RAT-5, Tan Canvas Micarta Handle, Cordura Sheath or Snow Peak Titanium Double-Wall Cup 450.  The birthday is next month and the knife would be for both....  Decisions decisions.  

Good to be home and back on the site! 





     

No comments:

Post a Comment