Monday, September 5, 2011

DIY Alcohol Backpacking Stove Test Burn

So this weekend I got into building some lightweight alcohol burning stoves for backpacking.  I've been watching Tinny and WoodenArrows on YouTube and they've got me thinking of how I can build some stoves and pots for myself.  

I started with some Dollar Store aluminum water bottles and some Miller Light aluminum bottles.  The video below is the first "useable" stove I made.  I pretty much crushed the first one (on left) when I was trying to fit the two parts together and the third (on right) I changed the jet arraignment to see if I could make it more efficient.  I used the beer bottles to make some lightweight versions that are still being finished.  I plan on testing those soon.  As you can see these stoves can heat water quickly.  This one is the stove in the middle.  I still need to build a windscreen and do some actual field testing before taking these little guys with me.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment