Friday, May 20, 2011

First Month - Bike and Run to Work

Well I've just completed the first month of my Bike and Run to Work Challenge.  I logged 80 miles ether jogging or biking to work.  That included a business trip for three days and a few rain days.  I average about 215 miles per tank in my Jeep which was last filled on 21 April for $62.42.  Simple math says I saved about $23 in gas.  I'll take what I can get.

What I'm really getting out of this is the health benefit of jogging and riding.  According to my CLIF 2 Mile Challenge tracker I've saved 73.6 lbs of CO2 from entering the atmosphere. Not sure how much (if any) weight I've lost, but I have inadvertently increased my average pace.  I like to sleep, but don't like to be late to work.  Made for some quick runs!

During this I found out about the CLIF 2 Mile Challenge.  I've signed up and chose to support "Red Team" which is:

Safe Routes to School National Partnership is a network of more than 500 nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, and professionals working together to advance the Safe Routes to School (SRTS) movement in the United States. SRTS can provide a variety of important benefits to children and their communities, including increasing physical activity, reducing traffic congestion, improving air quality, and enhancing neighborhood safety.

I'll give another update next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment