Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bike and Run to Work (BRW)

This week I started running or biking to work on a regular bases.  I call it my BRW campaign!  The weather is getting really nice and my "pre-Cash for Clunkers" heap sucks down about 11 gallons to the mile so the choice was simple (see my gas log).   I'm going to try this for the next month and see how many miles and money I can rack up. 

A co-worker of mine has commuted 187 miles so far this year.  That's pretty impressive plus that equals almost a whole tank of gas for me.  A few data points I pulled off the web.  This bike to work calculator says I can save $1.62 per day biking to work.  This Cliff Bar 2 Mile challenge says for every mile you bike instead of drive you reduce your carbon footprint by one pound of carbon dioxide.




No comments:

Post a Comment