Monday, September 19, 2011

Trail Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe

Ever since I was a kid I've loved tuna noodle casserole.  It's that home cooked meal you need every once in a while...especially my moms.  She use to make it "perfect" every time and I try to achieve that about once a month on my own at the house.  As a follower of the YouTube channel UrbanPrepper I saw he was having a "Bug Out Cook Out" contest.  I wondered if I could make tuna noodle (aka tuna nooda as my son calls it) on my backpacking pot and stove.  So I generated a recipe and gave it a shot.  Here is the end result:


I'm very surprised how it came out.  I'm sure I could tweak the ingredients and make it very close to "my" homemade version, but this was darn near perfect on the first shot.  I searched the web to see if another folks were cooking this dish on trail (after my first attempt) and found a few variants, but they were nowhere near my version with a creamy mushroom base.  Total success as far as I'm concerned.

So now I can basically cook a home cooked meal on the trail.  Perfect way to prepare for a chilly night on the mountain.  Thanks for the motivation UrbanPrepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment