Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maxpedition Falcon II Backpack

Maxpedition Falcon-II Backpack (Black)The Maxpedition Falcon-II Backpack (Black) I ordered arrived today.  I'm upgrading from an older generation of the High Sierra Longshot 70 as my daily commuter.  First impressions weren't what I was expecting.  Based on what I read in many reviews I was looking for a superior build quality to what I've encountered in the past.  It didn't scream that when I opened it.

I have a TAG CHAOS 3 Day Assault Pack that's built like a brick house. That pack could catch a bullet - I think.  I guess that's what I was expecting from my Falcon II.  Only reason I don't use the TAG is it's just too big for me to haul around every day (1976 cu inches of cargo).

The other thing that may be frustrating me is that I'm having a hard time arranging my "stuff" with all the new space. I'm use to a compressed, organized pack that fits me like a glove.  The Longshot 70 has 1089 cu inches of room while the Falcon II has 1520 cu inches.  That's a lot of real estate and it feels like everything is sloshing around (not the packs fault). I figure once I add a packed lunch an extra shirt and some flip-flops It may firm up nicely.

In time I hope that it will grow on me so I'm not going to make any judgements yet.  I need to break it in a little too.  My old Longshot has been with me for about five years and it would have stayed if it was just a little bigger.  I'm going to try it for 30 day's and I'll post a "official" review. Please come back and check at  for the verdict toward the end of May.  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment