Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Furley

My daily commuter

Been doing a "little" hiking but not much for my prep for the AT.  I've got into commuting big time since my last post.  I'm riding about 13 miles a day to work.  It's been a great trip so far as I sold a road bike and picked up a cyclocross/urban setup to deal with the terrain I ride every day.  For some reason the people in Hawaii feel the need to smash glass on the pavement.  That combined with thorns and sharp rocks resulted in five flats in 16 trips.  Not fun or economical for someone trying to just get to work!  So far only one flat in my first 100 miles which is good compared to my previous milage.  My goal here is to get my daily exercise in during the week.  I'm still doing some running on weekends, but I'd like to use this as my weight control effort.  I did a physical assessment the other day and I ended up smoking it with no practice in the previous six months.  The bike must be doing its job.   I run a eXterra 1/2 in about a month so we'll see how this conditions me for it. I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment